Scottish Rite Cathedral Association
For 100 years, the Scottish Rite Cathedral Association’s Valley of Chicago had been located in Washington Square District of Chicago. After a year-long search for a new location in the suburbs, the organization settled on Bloomingdale, IL.
The Association’s two-story, 61,000 square foot headquarters facility sits on a 16.25-acre site and features a 5,400 square foot, 270-seat auditorium with a full theatrical fly system; a dining hall for 290 people; a full service kitchen and bar with oversized fireplace; a museum; a library, a Masonic Lodge Hall; and numerous administrative offices.
The new building includes an integration of symbology, patterns, artwork and historic items from the former Scottish Rite Cathedral on North Dearborn, and a substantial audio-visual system including theatrical lighting. This new facility supports a variety of activities for its 4,000 members.
Titan Electric’s involvement included:
- 1600 amp service with 5-distribution panel
- 3-hour battery back-up for all data systems
- Fire alarm system with fan control switches
- Lutron Lighting Control system
- EM light throughout building
- ETC theatrical lighting control system for theater
- Ellipsoidal Series, Altman and Cricket 1116 fixtures
- ETC dimming system with 48-dimming modules
- Dimming outlet distribution system
- 200 amp portable connection for theater lighting
Leopardo Construction was the general contractor for the project with architectural services provided by TVS Design.