Aurora Police Headquarters
Titan Electric was part of the team that constructed a new 200,000 square foot police headquarters complex for the City of Aurora. The main three-story building comprises 160,000 square feet, and houses 400 public safety employees and numerous departments including police headquarters, a modern municipal jail, a 911 emergency call center and a
Kane County branch court. An adjacent 40,000 squarefoot training and support building houses a firearm range, evidence storage, forensic examination laboratories and a secure garage. A 190 foot monopole tower, used for wireless communication, was also installed. The entire 26-acre facility is energy-efficient, with rooftop solar panels generating electricity and permeable street pavers absorbing storm-water runoff to improve water quality. With a 27% reduction in energy use and 30% reduction in water usage, the campus achieved a certified LEED Gold rating.
Services installed by Titan included:
• 480V/3000 amp power distribution
• Emergency branch distribution and panel boards
• Switchgear and panels
• Generator start-up and generator tank upsizing
• Extensive property and interior lighting systems
• 911 center power conduit and wire installation
• AV and CATV systems
• Programmed and certified fire alarm system
• Power monitoring system and occupancy sensors
Leopardo Construction was the general contractor for the project with architectural services provided by Cordogan, Clark & Associates.